Facebook CW Action Discussion Group
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Group’s aim is to bring together those who share different beliefs and faiths in a healing and nurturing environment. Before joining we request that you familiarise yourself with the Group’s Terms & Conditions, Acknowledgements and any guidelines as these are important for healthy discussion.
Purpose of the Group:
The purpose of the group is to provide a local and global forum fostering differing interfaith, political, ideological and religious perspectives. We seek to explain and demonstrate what we hold deeply and in reverence. We support discussion, however it is extremely important to treat one another with respect and acceptance. As set out in our Terms & Conditions, we have a no tolerance policy in relation to inappropriate behaviour and content.
The Facebook Discussion Group is called CW Action. The “C” stands for COMMON ( http://www.commonaustralia.com/ refers) and the W stands for WIN (http://www.winfoundation.net/ refers). CW Action is designed to facilitate discussion amongst participants. Any views or representations made by the participants are not directly attributable to the views or representations of the Administrator(s) including Moderators nor the views of the participant’s faith or spirituality.
This group is not about self promotion or pushing an individual agenda. It is about healthy discussion and action towards the betterment of all.
By participating in the CW Action group, you are agreeing to be bound by our Terms & Conditions.
You need to familiarise yourself with our Terms & Conditions before participating. If you do not accept the terms, you cannot not join and participate in the Facebook Discussion Group.
You acknowledge that views expressed by participants are not necessarily those of the Administrator(s).
The Administrator(s) make no representation or warranty about the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness expressed by other participants.
(1) We encourage engaging and thought-provoking discussion, however, participants are to be mindful that others may share different views and will not attempt to convert other participants’ views to their own views.
(2) Questions and discussions regarding differentiating views should be carried out in a respectful and courteous manner, with the intention to learn more about the faith of others.
(3) We recommend responding rather than reacting to similar or differentiating views of participants in the Group.
(4) Participants are encouraged to contribute content which conveys their own experiences, subject to our terms and conditions.
(5) Participants should be reminded of the purpose of the Group when contributing content.
(6) Each participant is given fair opportunity and exposure in the Group.
(7) Participants are encouraged to use terminology that others can clearly understand.
(1) The participant has read and complied and will comply with any guidelines.
(2) Participants must use online courtesy and be aware of:
(b) avoid uploading large files that may use excessive memory and storage for other participants’ devices; and
(c) understand that the Administrator(s) have no tolerance for any content that constitutes as harassment, bullying, racial vilification or any other inappropriate conduct; and
(d) avoid promoting contentious and polemical material in the Group space.
(3) Participants need to be familiar with the legal requirements in relation to online forums set out by Victoria Legal Aid: https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/discrimination-harassment-and-bullying/racial-vilification-and-acts-of-racial-hatred
(4) Participants’ contributions must not include inappropriate or defamatory language in text, photos, videos, emoji’s or any other digital content that the Administrator(s) considers to be inappropriate.
(5) Never send content, “information” (eg conspiracy theories) or “news” that hasn’t been verified.
(6) The Administrator(s) reserves the right to edit and/or delete (where technically possible) any content by participants if it contains any of the described content in paragraphs (1), (2) and (3) above, or any other conduct that the Administrator(s) consider inappropriate.
(7) If any participant engages in conduct in paragraphs (1), (2) and (3), or any other conduct that the Administrator(s) consider inappropriate, the Administrator(s) reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate participation.
(8) All content contributed by participants is intended to be provided in good faith and without prejudice.
Joining the Facebook Discussion Group:
(9) Participants should not add persons to the Group who have not been approved by a member of the WIN/COMMON management committee which includes the Administrator(s).
Leaving the Facebook Discussion Group:
(10) A participant is to contact the Administrator(s) if they wish to leave the Group.
(11) Where technically possible, the participant is required to take all reasonable steps to delete or remove any information they posted, relating to the Group unless given consent by any participants or Administrator(s).
(12) Discussions in the Facebook Groups are confidential and are not to be disclosed or distributed for any other purpose other than contributing to the Facebook Discussion Group.
(13) Personal information of other participants in the Group is private and confidential. Personal Information must not be disclosed to any other person or organization unless there is express consent by the participant.
(13) If the participant wishes to make a complaint, they are to contact the Administrator(s) through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(14) Participants are only to contact the Administrator(s) in relation to matters relevant to the Facebook Discussion Group.
Modification and Review:
(15) The Terms and Conditions may be modified and/or reviewed at any time.
The Administrator(s) reserve the right to refuse any application for participation at their sole discretion.